Painters, dancers, filmmakers, poets, writers, actors, sculptors, designers all communicating, socializing, and coordinating with a single goal in mind--to solidify our position as a major arts market and to unify the community of artists in the greater Washington area for their greater good!
These are just a few ways in which unification would help the arts in DC?
- Unification would work to create community and a support system.
- Unification would allow us to combine resources for marketing strategies.
- Unification would help identify and encourage a network of activists amongst us to lobby the government on behalf of all artists and art activities in the community.
- Unification would create a strong political block
- Unification would encourage the creation of spectacular events!
- Unification would encourage communication between groups
- Unification would put power and destiny in the hands of the artists
...and by the way... why doesn't DC have a street festival for the arts?